YouTube is world’s one of the largest and most used platforms from streaming long & short videos to listening to music. It is used widely for different purposes like education, entertainment, information, live streaming, and whatnot. But there are times when sound issues arise on this popular streaming platform. Sometimes while streaming a video, the video plays but there is YouTube no sound issue. It could be a possible consequence of an error either with your system audio or browser. So in this blog, we are going to learn about fixing the YouTube volume not working issue.
Steps To Fix No Sound on Youtube Issue
1. Ensuring the System Audio is Turned On/ Access Permission Granted
While using YouTube sometimes we forget to check if the system audio is turned on or off. And when we start streaming on it no sound on YouTube happens. Also many times it happens that when you switch systems you don’t check if all permissions for audio access are granted to it. Thus, on YouTube, no sound issue occurs. Look for these checks to ensure system audio is on/allowed:
- Look for the mute button on your keyboard and press it to ensure that system audio is turned on.
- If the button isn’t working for some reason, you can press the Volume Increase button and it will unmute your system audio.
- Allow audio permissions while accessing YouTube as and when prompted or in the YouTube settings.
2. Ensure that the Video Volume is Not Muted
While streaming videos, sometimes you watch a video with the volume on mute. While streaming one video mutes the other videos that you watch after it has their audio muted by default, which is unmuted only on your command. To unmute the audio of the video you want to stream or are streaming:
- You will find a speaker icon beside ‘pause’ and ‘play next video icons’ at the bottom left.
- Click on the speaker icon to unmute the video audio.
- The keyboard shortcut for doing the same is the ‘M’ key on your keyboard.
3. Use an Incognito Window to Fix the Issue
Issues associated with audio and sound are usually due to the system configuration. However, there are times when a browser issue, like too many cache files, may additionally be the reason you have got no sound on YouTube. Fixing this issue is simple in most browsers as you’ll be able to open an incognito window. The window won’t consider your browsing history or cache files while accessing any websites on the browser. Here are steps to open an incognito window in different browsers:
- FOR GOOGLE CHROME USERS:
- Look for the three dots in the top-right corner of the browser and click on it.
- Select the New incognito window and open it.
- FOR FIREFOX USERS:
- Click on the three horizontal lines located at the top-right corner of the browser.
- Select the New Private Window option and open it.
4. Try By Using Different Web Browser
Sometimes even the incognito option also doesn’t work. In this case, thus, your browser might be having some severe issues that are preventing YouTube from playing any sounds resulting in YouTube no sound. Thus, another option is to switch to another browser to see if the issue persists.
- FOR CHROME USERS:
- Switch to the Firefox browser and try playing your video again.
- If the video plays the audio without any issues, it is most probably that your previous browser had an issue.
You can also use other browsers and try playing your video to see if it works here.
5. Increase Volume in Volume Mixer
Volume Mixer is a utility that enables you to define volume levels for every app on your system. It’s worth checking it to work out if the amount level for your current browser is muted or is at a really low level that you simply can’t hear anything.
- Find the sound icon in the system tray. Then right-click on it, and select the Open Volume mixer option.
- On the screen, in the Applications section, you can see the volume levels for each of your apps. Ensure that your browser is open at that time for it to appear in this list.
- Once you find your browser, drag the volume slider to the top. It increases your volume level.
6. Update Audio Drivers of Your System
If it isn’t just YouTube and you have got the no sound issue for your entire machine, you’ll want to determine if your audio drivers are up to this point. After all, system sounds are played by these sound drivers, and you must update them if they have become obsolete.
- Use Cortana to search for and open Device Manager.
- Find the Sound, video, and game controllers menu and open it.
- Look for your sound card on the list. Then right-click on it, and select Update driver.
- It’ll ask if you’ll provide the update files or if it should automatically find the required drivers. Choose the correct option and continue with it.
- Once the drives have been updated, reboot your system.
7. Troubleshoot Audio
- Use Cortana to search for the settings and open it.
- Click on the Update & Security tab on the screen.
- Select the Troubleshooter from the sidebar on the left of your screen.
- Scroll down. To the right-hand side over the pane, click on Playing Audio, and select Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait until it detects the issue and helps you fix it.
Also recommended – https://incomescircle.com/2022/08/07/how-to-find-a-good-web-design-agency/