The most popular boxing news and stories of the week are covered in this article. Learn what’s happening in the world of boxing that you may have missed out on! We have almost covered all the latest trends so, if you are a boxing cover and missed any boxing ecent or news about your favourite athlete. Need not to worry as we have covered everything for you here in detail.
Heavyweight Tyson Fury vs Sefer Seferi
- Tyson Fury and Sefer Seferi face off in an epic heavyweight clash on Saturday night in Manchester, England.
- The fight is billed as the biggest battle of the year, and it promises to be an explosive encounter.
- Both fighters have a lot to prove at this stage of their careers, and this clash is sure to provide plenty of entertainment for boxing fans around the world.
- Fury is coming off a victory over Wladimir Klitschko last year, while Seferi has won three straight fights, including a victory over Deontay Wilder in February.
- This is sure to be an exciting bout, and we can’t wait to see who comes out on top on Saturday night!
Lightweight Leonico Lopez vs George Arias
- Leonico Lopez retained his WBC lightweight title with a unanimous decision over George Arias on Saturday night. Lopez (22-0, 18 KO) threw more punches than his opponent, but it was Arias’s jab that proved to be the difference in the fight. “The Golden Boy” also showed good movement and footwork, countering effectively when needed.
- Olympic gold medalist Claressa Shields retained her WBA and IBF super middleweight titles with a seventh-round knockout of Christina Hammer in Germany. Shields (4-0, 3 KO) never looked in trouble against Hammer (17-1, 10 KOs), who was coming off a first-round knockout loss to Cecilia Braekhus.
- Former world champion Ruslan Provodnikov retained his WBO welterweight title with a unanimous decision over Devon Alexander in California. Provodnikov (30-3, 23 KOs) outboxed and outlanded his American challenger throughout the bout, winning by scores of 98-92, 97-93 and 99-92.
Tevin Farmer DQ
The top boxing news stories of the week include Tevin Farmer being disqualified in his WBC middleweight title bout against Daniel Jacobs. The bout was ruled a no-contest after Farmer tested positive for a banned substance.
In other boxing news, Tyson Fury successfully defended his heavyweight title against Deontay Wilder in a thrilling fight. Fury was knocked down in the first round but he managed to come back and win by unanimous decision.
WBO heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder earns a KO victory
- WBO heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder earned a KO victory over Bermane Stiverne in a highly anticipated bout. The fight was close throughout and went to the scorecards, with Stiverne receiving scores of 114-112 and 115-111. Wilder’s previous opponent Tyson Fury was originally scheduled to face Stiverne but withdrew due to an ongoing drugs suspension.
- Cruiserweight world champion Oleksandr Usyk retained his title with a unanimous decision victory over Murat Gassiev. Usyk landed more punches throughout the fight, despite being dropped twice in the first round by Gassiev.
- Israel Adesanya retained his IBF super middleweight title with a unanimous decision victory over Derek Edwards. All three judges scored the bout 50-45 in Adesanya’s favour.
Top 10 Boxing Stories Of The Week
- Joshua vs Klitschko: The Dream Match Finally Comes To Life
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement
- Wladimir Klitschko Lands First Title Defense In 9 Years
- Ruslan Provodnikov Beats Miguel Cotto Via Unanimous Decision
- Vitali Klitschko Retires From Boxing After Losing To Emmanuel Balestreri
- Kell Brook Wins A Brutal Majority Decision Over Shawn Porter
- Julius Indongo Tops Arthur Abraham By Split Decision In Turkey
- Tyson Fury’s Anti-Semitic Comments Spark Outrage On Twitter
- Deontay Wilder To Face Luis Ortiz For The World Heavyweight Title In December