A crucial diagnostic test, the complete blood count (CBC) identifies and measures each blood cell type for your doctor to examine. The Complete Blood Count (CBC) evaluates your red blood cell (RBC), white blood cell (WBC), and platelet counts (PLT). The amounts of each of these blood cell types may give useful information about a person’s health.
A complete blood count, or CBC, can be used to help diagnose a wide range of conditions. CBC test price in Delhi varies from doctor to doctor you choose to get your test from. If you want to book the check, it would be better to compare the CBC test price in Delhi online and offline.
Why CBC Test is performed?
A complete blood count (CBC) is a blood test to inform your doctor about your health. It’s a powerful diagnostic tool since a single blood sample may be used to examine every kind of cell and its features. The CBC is useful for diagnosing and monitoring a broad range of conditions since it reports on every blood cell type. The CBC is most often performed for diagnostic, screening, and monitoring purposes:
To determine whether a CBC is necessary for you, your doctor is in the best position to do so.
- A diagnosis is an act of identifying the root cause of a patient’s symptoms. The CBC may detect several blood abnormalities that point to certain diseases. Therefore, the CBC is widely used for diagnostic purposes. This test may confirm or rule out many illnesses, and it can be used in conjunction with others to arrive at a final diagnosis.
- A patient’s condition is monitored as time passes. If a patient has been diagnosed with a blood cell problem, with the given CBC test price in Delhi, it may be performed to keep tabs on their condition. It may be used to track the improvement or worsening of a patient’s health and to monitor for potential adverse reactions to certain medications.
Screening is a test to identify potential health issues before the onset of symptoms. An annual physical may prompt your doctor to order a CBC as a preventative measure. You can check the CBC test price in Delhi before you book a test.
When is the best time to get a full blood count taken?
In terms of diagnostic procedures, the CBC is among the most widespread. Your doctor may order a complete blood count (CBC) during a normal checkup when more testing is necessary to make a diagnosis, determine the severity of an illness, or track the progress of a treatment plan.
Your doctor may advise the complete blood count (CBC) to determine the source of a wide variety of symptoms because of the wide variety of health issues that may impact blood counts. Also, to determine the CBC test price in Delhi, you can check online.
Evaluation of the Red Blood Cell
Red blood cells (RBCs) are responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body, and an RBC count may reveal how many you have. Related quantities include haemoglobin and hematocrit.
Low amounts of RBCs are characteristic of the disease known as anaemia. Many factors may contribute to unusually low red blood cell count, hematocrit, and/or haemoglobin levels, such as:
- Uncontrolled or excessive acute or chronic bleeding
- Destruction of red blood cells, as seen in hemolytic anaemia
- Deficiencies in red blood cell production due to diseases affecting the bone marrow
- Lack of essential nutrients in the diet, such as iron, folate, or vitamin B12
- Instances of Cancer and Their Treatment
- Inflammatory and organ-function-altering chronic diseases
Numerous factors may contribute to elevated red blood cell (RBC), hematocrit, and/or haemoglobin levels. That’s the case, for instance, with
- Diseases of the heart or lungs that cause low blood oxygen levels
- Kidney illness
- Fuming on cigarettes
- A rare blood cell disorder called polycythemia vera
Evaluation of White Blood Cell Counts
White blood cells (WBCs) are the primary immune cell type, with five subtypes (each of which contributes to immune function) making up the WBC count.
Leukopenia refers to an abnormally low white blood cell count. Leukopenia may result from a variety of factors, some of which are:
- Harm to the liver, especially that caused by alcohol
- Spleen enlargement or dysfunction
- Immune system malfunctions, often known as autoimmune illnesses
- Disruptive conditions of the bone marrow
- Many cancer chemotherapies
If you have a complete blood count (CBC) that includes a white blood cell (WBC) differential, the results will break down your WBC count by type.
Evaluation of Platelet Count
PLT is the cells in the body that cause blood to clot. The inability or propensity for your blood to over-clot is a symptom of abnormal PLT function, which may cause excessive bleeding.
When your platelet count is low, a condition called thrombocytopenia, you risk bleeding or bruising easily. Some of the potential reasons for a low PLT count are:
- Disorders of the blood that lead to PLT breakdown
- Spleen enlargement
- Damage to the bone marrow
There are several potential causes for abnormally high PLT numbers-
- Deficiency in iron
- The occurrence of certain malignancies
- Impairment of bone marrow function
- Recent tissue injury or infection
Results from a complete blood count (CBC) may be made available anywhere from a few minutes to a few days after a blood sample is received by the lab, depending on the technology available. Your doctor may also contact you by phone to go through the findings and let you know about the CBC test price in Delhi or make an appointment. Find the most affordable CBC test price in Delhi and book your appointment today.
Read more interesting articles at Incomes Circle